The Foundation for a Lifetime of Success
Your child’s early years — from birth to age five — are crucial for their future academic and social success. At Play and Learn, children establish the foundation they need through meaningful play.
Meaningful play is both challenging and fun. It lets children expand their cognitive, social, emotional and motor abilities as they develop their own unique perceptions and ideas. At Play and Learn, we combine meaningful play with a learning environment. Our dynamic and developmentally appropriate early-childhood curriculum is led by energetic, experienced teachers who are committed to helping children develop an enthusiasm for learning. ALL WHILE HAVING FUN.
Learning through Play
At Play and Learn, our early childhood curriculums are age-appropriate and exceed Pennsylvania’s state-wide standards for early learning for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged kids.
Our preschool and certified Kindergarten programs are aligned with the curriculum of public school Kindergarten programs and are designed to prepare your child to transition easily to a public or private school environment.
At Play and Learn, our preschoolers and Kindergarteners get to use technology devices like touch-screen computers and age-appropriate apps in interactive, small-group activities. We also use SMART boards to nourish creativity and teamwork, letting children learn together just as they play together. It’s our belief that while technology is important to give children a leg up on school preparedness, it’s important to balance it with good old-fashioned creative play.
You Can Trust Play and Learn
- Play and Learn is the largest non-profit child care organization in Montgomery County, serving 1,500+ families.
- As part of our child care network, Play and Learn provides management services and expertise to other non-profit child care organizations, including Montessori Children’s House and Jenkintown Day Nursery. Abington Jefferson Health also counts on Play and Learn to provide child care for their employees.
- Play and Learn is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Play and Learn is a 501(c)(3), non-profit, equal opportunity organization. We are an outstanding steward of your tuition dollars. All resources are used to provide the best early childhood education programs.
- Play and Learn adheres to the highest standards in child-directed education, safety and security, nutrition and cleanliness.
- Play and Learn makes it easy for parents to stay in touch. Our open-door policy means parents are always welcome to visit. For communicating with families, we use a multi-prong approach, including phone calls, emails, postings on social media, conferences and face-to-face meetings.